Projects & Grants
- Researcher, Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access Communication Techniques for 5G Net- works and Beyond, EU CELTIC Plus, 2018-2021.
- Researcher, Design and Development of 5G Communication Systems over Software Defined Radio, TUBITAK (TEYDEB) - ENOVAS, 2018-2019.
- Researcher, BaaS - Building as a Service, EU FP-7 ITEA 2, 2013-2015,
- Researcher, Green Home Gateway Platform and Device, TUBITAK (TEYDEB) - AIRTIES, 2013-2014.
- Researcher, Estimation of Flow Size Distributions from Real-time Traffic: Data Capturing and Online Estimation, TUBITAK (TEYDEB) - AVEA, 2013-2014.
- Principle Investigator, Interference Management System for Multi-Antenna Wideband Cognitive Radio Networks, ITU BAP (Young Researcher), 2012-2014.
- S. Gokceli, and G. Karabulut Kurt, “Superposition Coded Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing System,” Turkish Patent Institute, 2017/15416, Oct. 2017, USPTO 10411943 B2, Sept. 2019.
- G. Karabulut, J. Fanson, and Y. Wang, “System and method to optimize multicarrier communication,” Dec. 17 2013, US US8611439B2.
- G. Kurt, O. Calikus, and C. Sahin, “Method for embedding a watermark,” Jul. 14 2011, WO PCT/IB2010/056,143; DE Patent App. DE201,011,005,072.
- G. Kurt and C. Sahin, “Demodulation of OFDM-QAM signals with channel estimation errors,” Jul. 8 2010, WO PCT/IB2009/055,565.
- G.Kurt and C.Sahin, “Constellation shaping for OFDM, ”Nov.182010,WO.PCT/IB2010/0503
- S. Gokceli, and G. Karabulut Kurt, “Superposition Coded Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing System,” applied to Turkish Patent Institute, 2017/15416, Oct. 2017, USPTO Application (EPAS ID PAT5182855).
- M. Aldababsa, C. Goztepe, G. Karabulut Kurt, and O. Kucur, “Bit Error Rate for NOMA Network,” accepted for publication in IEEE Communications Letters.
- S. Buyukcorak, O.A. Topal, O. Ferhanoglu, and G. Karabulut Kurt, “Mixture Model for Visible Light Communications,” accepted for publication in Electronics Letters.
- S. Tedik Basaran, G. Karabulut Kurt, and P. Chatzimisios, “Energy Efficient Over-the-Air Computation Scheme for the Densely Deployed IoT Networks,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 16, no. 5, May 2020.
- S. Gecgel, C. Goztepe, and G. Karabulut Kurt “Transmit Antenna Selection for Large- Scale MIMO GSM with Machine Learning,” in IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 9, no.1 , Jan. 2020.
- B. Kurt, T. Cemgil, G. Karabulut Kurt, and E. Zeydan, “Estimating Network Flow Length Distributions via Bayesian Nonnegative Tensor Factorization,” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol.2019, August 2019.
- K. Tekbiyik, A. R. Ekti, G. Karabulut Kurt, and A. Gorcin, “Terahertz Band Communication Systems: Challenges, Novelty and Standardization Efforts,” in Physical Communication, vol.35, August 2019.
- A. Gurarslan, D. Altinel, and G. Karabulut Kurt, “Silver Nanowire Coated Knitted Wool Fabric forWearable Electronic Applications,” in Journal of Engineered Fibers and Fabrics, vol.14, June 2019.
- C. Goztepe, and G. Karabulut Kurt, “The Impact of Out of Band Emissions: A Measurement based Performance Comparison of UF-OFDM and CP-OFDM,” in Physical Communication, vol.33 , Apr. 2019.
- G.Sezgin, Y.Coskun, E.Basar, and G.Karabulut Kurt, “Performance Evaluation of a Live Multi-site LTE Network,” in IEEE ACCESS, vol.6, no.1, Sept. 2018.
- M. Aldababsa, M. Toka, S. Gokceli, G. Karabulut Kurt, and O. Kucur, “A Tutorial on Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access (NOMA) for 5G and Beyond,” in Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 2018, June 2018.
- S.Gokceli, and G.Karabulut Kurt,“Superposition Coded-Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (SC-OFDM),” in IEEE Access, vol.6, March 2018.
- S. Gokceli, E. Basar, M. Wen, and G. Karabulut Kurt, “Practical Implementation of Index Modulation-Based Waveforms,” in IEEE Access, vol.5, Dec. 2017.
- K. Tekbiyik, H. Alakoca, H. B.Tugrel, C. Ayyildiz, and G. Karabulut Kurt, “Measurement Based Investigation of Cyclostationarity of OFDMA Signals,” in IU-Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, vol.17, no.2, 2017 (Invited Paper).
- S. Gokceli, N. Zhmurov, G. Karabulut Kurt, and B. Ors, “IoT in Action: Design and Implementation of a Building Evacuation Service,” in Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, vol 2017, 2017.
- M.O. Demir, M. Karaca, and G. Karabulut Kurt, “On Reducing Power Consumption of Transmitting Stations in 802.11 MIMO Networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 332–335, 2016.
- S.Buyukcorak, M.Vural, and G.Karabulut Kurt,“Lognormal Mixture Shadowing,”IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 64, no. 10, pp. 4386–4398, 2015.
- S. Buyukcorak, G. Karabulut Kurt, and O. Cengaver, “A probabilistic framework for estimating call holding time distributions,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 811–821, Feb 2014.
- G. Karabulut Kurt, “UF-OFDM in Massive MIMO: An Implementation Perspective,” NI Academic & Research Forum 2018 - Keynote speaker, Bayreuth, Lebanon, Oct. 12, 2018.
- G. Karabulut Kurt, “Battle of the Waveforms for 5G,” IEEE 5G Summit Greece, Thessaloniki, Greece, July 11, 2017.
- S. Gokceli, G. Karabulut Kurt, and E. Anarim, Cognitive Radio Testbeds: State of the Art and an Implementation, in Spectrum Access and Management for Cognitive Radio Networks, Springer, 2017.